Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Great kids

I spent last week at camp. It was my chance to spend some time loving on some amazing kids!
All 23 of these kids have spent time in foster care. They have experienced loss, but we know 'nothing can ever separate them from His love!" One boy had been in foster care 2 weeks, another little guy was adopted this past year.
We were able really give them the royal treatment with a birthday party to celebrate each one of them, jump castles, horseback riding, bowling, swimming, spa afternoon for the girls, fishing for the boys.
It was a safe place for these kids to be kids. They didn't have to be the "parent" for the week, they were safe to cry, they were safe to climb all the way to the top of the climbing wall.
God gave be this week as a gift to be renew and remember "oh yeah - this is why I love working for Project 1.27 -for each of these children if they can't return home, they need someone else that will treat them like princes and princesses.
We couldn't take pics because of confidentiality for these little ones, so just imagine 23 smiles of excitement and wonder as they came off a charter bus, as they rode a horse for the first time in their life, as they had a birthday cupcake with their name on it, as they walked in to their room for the week decorated with super heroes!
I do love these kids. Each of their stories. I love that I can have hope for them.

Thanks for those who prayed, keep praying for them. Thank you to those who gave, and continue to give into the lives of these kids.

No comments: