Thursday, August 28, 2008

a day turned good



So the plan was to go to the balloon glow. I've only been to one other balloon glow - it was in St Louis with friends a couple years ago, I loved it. I lost my phone that night, but a sweet guy found it for me... another story.

But last Saturday night it was Steffanie's last night in town and we were adding some "firsts" to her list with the balloon glow, but unfortunately the weather was too windy and with in 15 minutes of our arrival all the balloon were deflated and it was a "no glow".


But... fun was still to be had!

We went Ice Blocking - it was a first for all of us!

What is ice blocking you ask?

You need a block of ice and a good hill. You sit on the block of ice and slide down. We also had some good sprinklers to make the grass really slick - not a requirement, but added to the fun and how wet we were!


No comments: