So I milked a cow on valentines day :) a perfect thing to do in wisconsin in february right?
I had some good friends in college that graciously allowed me to play on their farm to get away from school and hang out with their family... climb their silo (the tallest in the county), climb around in the barn, ride their four wheeler, hunt for mushrooms, help give a school field trip tour, etc. good farm fun! I do have that soft spot in my heart for all of this. I want to get cute rubber boots that I can stand in the mud but still feel cute even if I'm around stinky animals.
So this weekend Nate offered to give me a milking lesson. As you can see from the pictures I don't have the cute boots, nor really the proper milking attire but I still had a great time.
I was a little nervous.
I don't think I'd be a fast enough milk maid to get a job doing this, but maybe I should add it to my resume right?
And happy valentine's day!

3 comments:
I am impressed.
LOL! Oh man, I miss home. And you are def. right, you really don't have the proper attire. I bet your clothes and hair just reeked after you left the barn. I always hated going into the barn before going to school- i felt that I always smelled of cow manure for the rest of the day!
However, I would not have trade my life on growing up on a dairy farm for ANYTHING in the world.
Looks like fun! Miss you and those college days!
Post a Comment