Thursday, July 26, 2012

full week, month...

I'm looking for a foster home that will love and help a 16 year and his chickens. yep chickens. Being somewhat of a farm girl growing up I would say I was pretty knowledgeable about chickens, but becoming the caseworker for this young man, I apparently have a lot to learn. It's fun learning from him. There's not much he's adamant about, but don't mess with his chickens. He told me he wants to live somewhere he can be around horses, and maybe somewhere that doesn't have chickens already so his chickens can provide eggs for the family, sweet.

I enjoyed the CFD air show and rodeo with two of my nieces. Neither had been to Wyoming before, and I think they'd go back next year. :) I love that at most rodeos they aren't shy about believing in God. Yesterday they didn't take "a moment of silence" but took the time to pray for those grieving the incredible loss of the shooting that occurred last Friday.


This morning my parents flew back to Indonesia. Feels like they just got to the states. We got to spend some sweet time with them in the mountains, making pancakes, garage saleing, enjoying ice cream and catching up on life. Dave and I are planning on meeting then in New Zealand this December!





I've been overwhelmed at work, but who wants to do paperwork when there's four little girls to take to the zoo. The girls loved the elephants, the birds, the carousel, and playing " their house" in all the shady areas to take some breaks. Their CASA and I loved being with them. Part of this sibling group is 3 year old twins, who asked what my name was was when I was a little twin. Somehow they thought my name was changed in the aging process.

My husband is playing many softball games, I got him a bat that's he's been wishing for for over a year for our 1st anniversary, so we fondly refer to it as the "romantic bat." :) It's been hitting some great homeruns.

I have my first family that is actually setting up a meeting to voice their frustrations with me and one of my co-workers = frustrating! Mostly because they haven't come to me and have always presented to me that everything is fine. Anyway, it comes with the job of working with people, yet it's still frustrating.
Tomorrow we're having an opening ceremony party, come by if you're in the neighborhood :)




No comments: