Tuesday, July 29, 2008

the wild ride

Months I was able to see hope. I told my boss "how about we go rafting in Buena Vista."
And.... we went rafting yesterday! We rafted on the Arkansas river down by Buena Vista. It was such a beautiful day! It was a much needed work retreat for us. We had been invited by a cute little church to present and train a class of people to love on adoptive families. And then we got in wet suits and choose our paddle boat to hit the rapids. It was a 10 mile trip with our guide Christi - paddling and getting a good ab work out. My side of the boat was stronger, so Katrina and I were a little competitive. ;) We had a great time!


Why is a rafting trip being able to see hope? It's been a tough year. I didn't know if I would make it to this point. The Lord gave me families to love. A camp to refresh my spirit. Co-workers to help carry the load. His new mercies every morning. Red walls. Banana bread with peanut butter chocolate chips mixed in. Little boys so excited about their sister's new hair cut. Someone who God allows him to read "my mail." Over 100 children placed in homes! Hope does float.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Lisel, I am so thankful for the hope you have seen. It gives me hope too. love you, girl!