Tuesday, September 30, 2008

hope

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life. Proverbs 13:12
I had a blog posting about hope from a black pot - when I was finishing counseling...

I love the ending quotes in Hope Floats -giving hope a chance to float up

There is hope that is Alluring.

"The most natural things for us to do when we have been jolted into the alleyway by life is to think, 'This is where my hope is lost. My sweet dream has been snatched away, and hope has been snatched away with it.' The wild reality of God, though, is that this is where hope begins. Hope begins when the memory of what was becomes a longing for what is to be restored.

"This is the place where contemplating a posture of openness and childlike dreaming seems utterly ridiculous. This is there the journey of the heart can easily be indicted as foolish. And indeed, it is foolish - a foolishness that leads to life." (Jan Meyers, (c) 2001 NavPress, emphasis mine.)


So I'm still digesting it all... all over again. I still have that black flower pot, I need to sit quietly at the well, and give myself some time.

No comments: