So I'm sitting in a hotel room in Montrose Colorado. I should be going to bed soon, yet I just sent a work email at 10:13pm!!
But today I was able to chat with a family that's interested in pursuing adopting a 17 year old!!! Praise The Lord! just that they are interested, I'm excited to see what the Lord does with this young woman! Pray for her.
Then I've been "organizing queen" to get 100 kids pictures taken for the Heart Gallery - I think we're down to 2 kids still needing to be match with photographers. Pray for foster kids they move way to much!
I then drove to Gunnison, CO for a meeting with some good people there. They have some great kiddos that need families too. On the drive I saw a lonesome coyote, he made me smile and think of Brighton.
In the social work/adoption circles there quite a bit of discussion regarding the movie "Orphan" coming out this weekend. I'm on the agreeing end that this movie isn't probably going to motivate people to adopt; it feeds into the horrible stereo types, and these kiddos already have enough struggles/baggage to overcome, that this adoption/horror movie is not helpful. If you go see it, be smart about it.
After the meeting I had the beautiful sunset drive into to Montrose. Colorado is a beautiful place.
Lots of driving today, listening to some good music. Short conversations before getting cut off.
Claire moved back into the town house today, I'm sad I wasn't there to welcome her home again.
Tomorrow meeting new people, passing out those business cards and looking for leads for the next job.
No comments:
Post a Comment