Wednesday, October 28, 2009

year of weddings...

I'm watching "the wedding date," I've been in a couple wedings this year, I've attended many weddings this year, my sister is planning her wedding, and the icing on the cake of this weding season is that I met an amazing man at one of the weddings.
2 weekends ago was Sheila and Morgan's wedding: it was beautiful, so fun to see everyone - little HLG reunion. Mike picked me up from O'hare and we drove down to Nashville together. We had lunch with Penny in Champange, it was so great to be able to see her! We got to explore a little bit of Nashville, set up for the big event, made it through a rehersal, had the shower, you know all the normal leading up to a wedding. The ceremony was beautiful, the reception was fun. Sheila was a beautiful bride in a dress her mom made - it was impressive!!! Here's a pic of Sheila with me in the background:


today - its snowing, it's supposed to snow for about 36 hours straight! Its pretty impressive. I got a little bit of good shoveling in, but am glad to now be on the couch, a fire in the fireplace, with a cup of tea!

I'm in training this week for my job - it's the same training that I took in MO to work for them about 5 years ago. I feel pretty set on the child welfare system and training... but they let us out early today. and my co worker and I are enjoying doing a "taste of thornton" we had training last week there too, so far we've got 4 resturants all on the corner of Washington and thornton Pkwy.
The new job overall - it's fine. Rick laughed at me when I said this on Monday night. I admitted yet again that P127 was my dream job - why did it have to be so complicated?

day to day news:
-I made a new friend last night! She is a good encourager for LDR (long distance relationship)
-The Heart Gallery Premier was Monday night! Someone asked why I was going since I don't have any kids there (meaning with my new job) and I told her they were all my kids. It was so great to see the pictures and the kids. If you in CO you should really go by and see the exhibit! www.heartgalleryco.org
- One year ago I was about ready to hop on a plane to Lesotho! that was good for me.
- I went to an adoption finalization of a 17 year old girl - one week away from her 18th birthday! It was awesome!
-November 8 is orphan suday - check out what is going on where you live.

1 comment:

Thai Adventurer said...

Oh Lisel...so good to hear what is going on. Hope to hear from you in person, but it sounds like the wedding was fun and meeting up with Penny. Miss you girls so much!