Saturday, April 17, 2010

I love vacation, why do I have to work again?

Aloha - hello, good bye, and love!
Katrina and I have never really traveled together, so that was one of our goals before life continued to bring changes where it may not be as likely. So in honor/celebration of her Spring break and my 6 months at my job we jumped on a plane and went to the beach. We stayed with my uncle who lives a block and a half away from the beach! He was a great host! Everyday was an adventure and we covered most of the island, but of course would love to go back.

Here's a couple pictures from our trip:

I don't think I've ever ate a crab, but I'll hold one :)

My dear friend! Great traveling partner! isn't she cute!?

It really was paradise! We went to a luau one evening, great food, and so fun!

I could live on a ranch on an island :)

I love water - any really you should probably get in the water even if it's cold! This is secret falls.

Some of the red dirt!

Spouting Horn


If you ever go:
1. Take me with you.
2. Drink pina coladas from fresh coconuts.
3. Hike the Nepali coast (wear good shoes, and expect to get muddy)
4. Enjoy the sunrises/sunsets!
5. Do your BSF at Poahole beach - it's a great place to do BSF!
6. The Coffee plantation is worth the trip even if you don't drink coffee :)
7. Don't eat anywhere you could eat on the mainland (that's sort of my philosophy for travel anyway) Places we liked: Toi's Thai, Hanapepe Cafe, Smith's Luau, JoJo's shave ice
8. Get a lei (we never did, although we tried.) If you don't get leid, wear a flower in your hair daily :)
9. Talk to the locals (Katrina's really good at this!)
10. Enjoy every freckle you get from being kissed by the sun!

1 comment:

Thai Adventurer said...

Yeah!!! Did you eat some pineapple while you were there.. You know about those pineapple on islands, they make great pills! Ha ha! Oh...I would love to live on a ranch on an island that sounds pretty much like paradise...wish I could have gone with you too!