Friday, July 9, 2010

a blog before bed...

this week it's been full. its been good.

so camp was AWESOME, I really do love kids. I got to hang out with 22 of the most resilient kids around. 3 in particular, I fell in love with. in a couple weeks I will become their caseworker. I'll be praying for an amazing family for them. Camp helped me want to fight even harder for these children I work with.
One of my favorite things this little boy said was "I know where rainbows come from, Colorado!" there were several great rainbows this week at camp - the promise of the hope and future for each of these kids.

Then on Thursday I was back for an 11+ hr work day. I moved a precious little boy into his adoptive home. The family has already fallen in love with this little boy! He's got a forever family.

Later in the day I got to meet my kids that live out of state and see them reunited with their brother after a year.

Today I got to hear about a pretty amazing 5 year old birthday party - he got a Red remote controlled car with Yellow and Orange flames on it! But really my heart melted just when he walked in the room and when he saw me gave me this huge smile excited to see me. He's going to be a heart breaker.

Father to the fatherless, defender of widows — this is God, whose dwelling is holy. God places the lonely in families.
Psalms 68:5-6


So we've already set the dates for camp 2011, so maybe you should come with me and fall in love with these kids too!

No comments: