Monday, July 29, 2013

Titus Jack Atherton

Our little prince was born! I started having contractions on the way home from work on July 9th. Contractions that actually continued; for a week and a half I had been thinking our little boy was going to show up, during fireworks, a movie, walking the mall multiple days, but no he was waiting for his dad to make pioneer woman peach crisp for his mom, who could only eat a couple bites because it was then time to head to the hospital.
We arrived at the hospital pretty close to midnight and things were going well. I spent a couple hours in the tub and then was ready to push! Well after 4 hours of pushing I was tired of pushing. I should have ate more peach crisp :) I got an epidural, then was told I could have hours more of pushing. I did a little more pushing and then we decided to meet our son and had a c-section. It wasn't in the plan originally, but then Titus Jack was finally here and really that was the most important part of the plan.

So I was laying there, waiting for Dave to be brought in for the birth of our son, and just trying to keep my eyes open, thinking I'm going to sleep through the birth of our child... but they quickly brought Dave in and at 6:23am we saw Titus' sweet full head of hair!
 


 Aunt Megan was at the hospital with us for the night,  thankfully Titus came before she had to go to work. One of nurses was impressed how knowledgeable she was about newborns compared to other "photographers."




Our little family.

 Holding him for the first time.



Details:
Titus Jack Atherton
 July 10, 2013 at 6:23am
7# 8.4 oz
19 3/4 inches long
Most beautiful little boy ever!
 
And  there was no passing out by Dave. He did great!

No comments: