Wednesday, January 14, 2009

middle of January

So I'm job searching from Lesotho...
I met an Australian man yesterday that he came for 2 weeks to work at an orphanage and now it's turned into 10.
I had dinner with a cute couple last night who met online and got married this past year. They joke around that he married her so she can take care of him in his old age - he's in his early 50's but jokes that he's closer to 60. Funny to hear him joke about being older than he actually is. I love hearing their story and seeing God's hand in it.
I learned a new card game - and won hands done! I do like learning new things. ;)
I witnessed a young woman get tested for HIV yesterday, she is positive. I held a baby girl cry as she was tested as well. This disease...
I think I want to learn Spanish.
I've made 3 books for new vocabulary for the children at Beautiful Gate.
I'm a little baker.
I'm making lemonade with some of life's lemons.
I want to keep reading good books.
I heard that a local postman was arrested and just was in court for stealing packages - I hope they weren't our Christmas packages.
According to the mileage on the elliptical machine at the gym - I'm all of a sudden fast. Not really believing that one. I love being able to go to the gym when you don't have to be next everyone else working out. You can use the machines you want when you want.

Anybody want to hire me?

No comments: