We all know many people's stories. Some times it's their most embarrassing stories, or the most scary stories, funny stories, but when you hear the precious stories and see that person... brand new again.
I love the honest stories. As most of you know I'm a realist.
I've been able to chat with some amazing women, usually on a walk or hike stories just flow. I get the gift of hearing the story, glimpse to their soul. Sunshine in my life.
Men's stories are usually different (as they should be), but still just as great. I was chatting with a guy this past week and he wanted to tell me all about some political story, I wanted to tell him he had the wrong person for this story, but sitting back and listening I think was the main thing. I didn't have to have a response.
But children's stories... I got to hang out with some kids earlier this week at a park for work. We were able to get their pictures taken for the Heart Gallery. There are 3 little boys in Colorado today that don't have a mom and dad. They have a warm bed tonight in their foster home, which we praise the Lord for, but for their story I hope for so much more. The oldest brother told me all about all the sports he loves to play - basketball, baseball, football! And the youngest brother told me about all of his Halloween costumes have been superheroes over his 5 years. And the sweet middle brother, he was pretty quiet, but when the race was suggested to get back and have some ice cream, he beat us all! They are cute little boys, who will be handsome men! They sat together on the picnic bench eating their ice cream and my heart breaks at their story.
1 comment:
Oh love. You have such a hard job somedays- but you have the perfect heart for it.
Post a Comment