Tuesday, August 18, 2009

job leads...

So I'm looking for a new job, yep again because my contract is about to end at the end of Sept. I should be saving money, but I'm really hopeful to somehow get a job lined up and not be unemployed again. Not that I'm blowing my money or anything...
I'm feeling pretty open to where ever - I mean I have been in Denver almost 4 years... sort of a long time for me. But I talked to woman today about an out of state job, but they needed someone right away, and moving out of state doesn't feel like it's possible right away, I mean if it happens we know it would be fast because I can handle change, adaptability is one of my strengths but maybe not if it's drawn out change.... but I wasn't quite ready to say yes to be moved in 2 weeks... but I was really excited to talk to her because it's the first call back that I've actually rec'd lately, so that was nice. and it was foster/adoption recruiter job! i could have really liked it!
I've been encouraged to chat with a big wig at the state about extending my position, but I wonder if it's really possible because it would be from a different pot of money, and state employees are having furlough days, and huge budget issues... of course I'll ask, just trying to be realistic.

So let me know if you have any leads... I've got good references :)

No comments: