July with Mom and Dad at Ophelia's in Arvada - 2 thumbs up!
August with Megan to a cute little Cuban place in the Highlands
September with Mike, Steff, Nick, Jackie and Brandon to Bob Evans in Jackson, MI
Oh so many are wondering what is going on in the world of Lisel, my facebook updates don't provide quite enough info, but its facebook... I'm not going to put everything on facebook... I've tried to call many and think I spent over 4 hours on the phone yesterday, so here's my blog update to try and keep you all in the loop, but always feel free to call me.
I went to the Midwest this past weekend! It was fabulous! I had a phone interview on the shores of Lake Michigan. Mike and I explored the Shedd Aquarium and took a water taxi over to Navy Pier.
We drove to Jackson, Michigan to celebrate (again) the marriage of my dear friends Steffanie and Nick. We checked out the Cascade Falls of Jackson, MI. Apparently the one place to visit in Jackson - we thought they were cool.
On the drive back from MI we stopped and hiked the Indiana Dunes along Lake Michigan that are claimed to be as good as the Grand Canyon... the dunes were nice, but I've been to better dunes in Africa and Colorado and I hope for more out of the Grand Canyon whenever I make it one day.
Mike gave me the tour of Wisconsin: Clydesdale horses, motorcycle ride, good home cooking, I had a face to face interview for a job in Milwaukee, farm land. We didn't fit in cheese curds, fire houses, or water skiing, but Wisconsin reminded me of Missouri. Great people, beautiful rolling hills, big green trees, small farming communities, everyone knows everyone, humidity... I liked it.
I got a job offer while I was sitting there on the shore of the lake. It's a good job offer as an adoption caseworker, so you know I love that... and on Monday I said yes to the offer. The job is here in Denver, so I guess I'm staying here a bit longer. I start Sept 28th! And I'm fitting in one more trip back to WI this week :)My last day with the State will be on Wednesday, I'm so grateful for my experience there and have loved working there. I loved road tripping around Colorado to meet social workers, transporting the Heart Gallery to all the different locations, meeting kids that are waiting for a family and still are holding on to HOPE. I am a blessed girl.
I went to a beautiful wedding on Friday night for Kristin and Adam. I used to work with them while P127 was housed at CCC. I love seeing how God brought K&A together, witnessing this covenant they have made with God and each other. I loved seeing all my friends that were my family while I worked there.
So eating eggs for breakfast continues to help with a good attitude so they say, but really I love that I get to continue to try new things and have breakfast with sweet people all over.
No comments:
Post a Comment