Thursday, April 16, 2009

A lot of fellows now a days have a B.A., M.D. or Ph.D. Unfortunately they don't have a J-O-B

Ok ok I'm really close, yes you've heard this before, but I really think the good news is coming soon. The contract has been approved and now it's going through procurement, news as of Tuesday!
Yesterday I was watching the12 noon news and watched the Wednesday's child segment, I think I'm going to really love this job!
Many have asked what am I doing with all this free time - almost 6 months without a job have been amazing (especially the 1st 3) and extremely hard. Hopefully we've talked about Lesotho, abseiling, Lerato, lemonade, elephants, wait, wait don't tell me, and all those other fun things - and you've probably read about most of that on previous blog posts. The hard days have occasionally made the blog, but usually don't need that type of public announcement. A lot of transitions, I lots of adjustments, a lot of stress, a lot of losses
I'm ending this "sabbatical" with a trip to Nashville! I'm excited to see Sheila, the Spring weather, Steel Magnolias, movies, laughter, time together! I was able to use some miles and get a plane ticket, even though I was looking forward to the drive, nice that a plane ticket is saving time and money ;)
The knowledge that you have energed wiser and stronger from setbacks means that you are, ever after, secure in your ability to survive. You will never truely know yourself, or the strenth of your relationships, until both have been tested by adversity. Such knowledge is a true gift... it is painfully won, and it has been worth more to me than any qualification I ever earned. - JK Rowling
I spent over an hour at the library trying to get something to print yesterday, it was VERY frustrating! I didn't even get one of the pages that I needed and was late to meet a friend! But read the quote above while I was doing all this waiting - I guess it's for graduates, but I think I've been receiving some of these true gifts, and they don't always make it on the resumes, but they sure do make me a great employee, but more importantly friend.

No comments: