I have been given some pretty amazing dates:
Sitting at a cute little breakfast place, the rain is coming down, the waitress hands you a blanket to curl up in, a big cup a hot chocolate.
Making another loop on the walk because the story isn't quite finished yet.
Crawling through a barn loft, climbing silos, driving four wheelers.
Going to see the professional bull riders.My first and maybe only Avalanche game.
Standing in the cold getting our picture taken in front "the boat."
Laying under the stars on soccer fields.Bringing sunflowers for a little boy.
Curling up on the couch and watching a movie.
Fireworks at the Arch on the 4th of July.
Watching little girls soccer games.Trying on shoes in the middle of your road trip, just for a little break.
Making Man-Getting Cookies even if there isn't a man to get.
Tonight I was out on a date, we were looking at pictures of sweet African children, adventures over the years, and my friend told me time and again what a lucky girl I am, and although I agree, I saw another really lucky girl sitting maybe 10 feet away from us. I kept watching this lucky girl through out the evening. This lucky one was being loved on and it was beautiful. She was in a wheelchair sitting quietly with her great love. I didn't see her say one word, I don't know if she could. She couldn't hold her head up straight. Her husband had his chair pulled right up next to her, he still wanted to be close to her. He was showing her pictures of what looked like their children and grandchildren. But then it happen... after they finished their drinks he pulled out her lipstick, applied it so tenderly on her lips, and then dabbed her lips with a napkin. AND then he kissed her! She smiled sweetly at him. He looked into her eyes. He quietly got up from the table and pushed her out. Maybe he took her out to watch the family playing in the river just outside, maybe he lifted her into their car and took her home to go to bed, but....
Tonight I was out on a date, we were looking at pictures of sweet African children, adventures over the years, and my friend told me time and again what a lucky girl I am, and although I agree, I saw another really lucky girl sitting maybe 10 feet away from us. I kept watching this lucky girl through out the evening. This lucky one was being loved on and it was beautiful. She was in a wheelchair sitting quietly with her great love. I didn't see her say one word, I don't know if she could. She couldn't hold her head up straight. Her husband had his chair pulled right up next to her, he still wanted to be close to her. He was showing her pictures of what looked like their children and grandchildren. But then it happen... after they finished their drinks he pulled out her lipstick, applied it so tenderly on her lips, and then dabbed her lips with a napkin. AND then he kissed her! She smiled sweetly at him. He looked into her eyes. He quietly got up from the table and pushed her out. Maybe he took her out to watch the family playing in the river just outside, maybe he lifted her into their car and took her home to go to bed, but....
I'm lucky to have witnessed their date.
1 comment:
I love the way you see the world. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment