so there's plenty of times I feel awkward, out of place, the like, throughout life. I mean I was a probation officer - who would have thought. I did bar checks, I counted horseshoes, I was the maintenance girl... good variety of jobs.
So today I was sweeping the floor African style - the brooms don't have a long stick handle on them- and all the ladies started laughing at me, I guess the reality that a white girl can sweep without a handled broom was quite amusing for them.
But the real sight to see was that I've been going to some of the classes at the gym to add to working out besides just the eliptical/bike/treadmill. So I've been to Hi/Low and today was Step. Well they have their routines, and you need to have a pretty good rhythm to keep up, and being the only white girl in there, my lack of rhythm was more than obvious! So I had to laugh at myself and tried to keep up with these women - I was wondering if they all go to the locker room and have a good laugh at my attempts. :) At one point I was honestly a little dizzy after the turning around the step/ salsa sort of moves - I still couldn't figure it out by the end of the class.
No comments:
Post a Comment