Monday, November 17, 2008

every boy and girl

National adoption day was last week back in the states. I was very sad to miss it. It was a day I was missing home. Wanting to celebrate with all the families who were finalizing...

What was cool on that day is we went to a fundraiser for a group call Jewels of Hope, and they had James 1:27 in their brochure, it felt like a touch of home. They played this slide show and used the song "For the Children of the World" Megan asked if it was the national adoption day song around the world :) I don't think it is, but it was appropriate.
Jewels of Hope is "reaching out to orphaned children with the love of Jesus and giving them hope; by disciplining each one through the Word of God and empowering them with life skills towards a safe and secure future."
So it was fun to be able to support them, see a couple of Lesotho dances - I loved how the boys wore rubber boots and had their own kind of Stomp routine.

No comments: