Monday, November 17, 2008

real simple

Some people are apparently born blessed, the chosen, perhaps just lucky, call it
what you will. Love lands on their bodies like the brazen pigeons of Trafalgar
Square
, faith ignites their minds like heavenly flames, hopes bubbles in their
hearts like wondrous hot springs - but for most of us it doesn't happen that
way. Most of us have to search for these things every day. And even if
we're lucky enough to find one of the three, there is still a lifelong struggle
ahead to retain it. And that takes guts, that attribute your mother admired
above all others, and of which you've almost certainly inherited a great deal. -
Marita van der Vyver


Keeping it Real Simple. Kaleena gave me the magizine subscription ago as a gift. I've enjoyed it over the years, Megan gave me the South African Real Simple as an arrival gift. (I also like thier Christmas gift ideas each year - found some great gifts for people through them!) The quote above was the post script in this latest subscription.
Although I don't completely agree with the theology behind the qoute, I do agree that sometimes it the guts the makes it when we forget faith, hope and love. Not that it's really that simple.

No comments: