So I left Arvada thursday morning and am visiting sweet friends.
1st stop - Ft Collins, CO: Robin, we met in highschool on the swim team. She told me about the impact I had on her life. It was really sweet of her to tell me that. She and her husband are the lucky parents of 2 sweet little girls, it was so fun to meet them. Delaney covered my hand with star stickers, and I even got two for my face :)
1.5 - I drove through Cheyenne, was very tempted to stop, sorry friends there, had to keep driving.
2nd Stop- Hastings, NE: Keleena, we played soccer together in highschool, we really became great friends after I went to college. I loved being able to pick up where we left off and just jump back in to conversation with her. She and her hubby bought a cute house in a cute town, and are cute together. And they have added to their family: with little miss Tunie, their little dog who loves to lick.
2.5 - I spent the night in Omaha, NE last night, after a great evening: dinner with Matt, Kaleena, and Andy and the broadway show of Grease! Spent the night with Aprille - she lived in the Dominican Republic and likes to travel, we have the same friends and was kind enough to let me stay at her place to reduce driving.
3rd Stop - Springfield, MO: Michelle, we met at HLG, played soccer together, were roommates, we traveled 1000s of miles together. Michelle and her husband Matt have 2 darling children. Andrew is my boyfriend, he's their 4 year old, even though Emily was more willing to sit in my lap for Madagasgar, the movie. They are also homeowners and have half painted walls :) I like that their kitchen is orange.
3.5 will be to Little Rock tomorrow. I don't really have friends there that I know of. I did meet a couple that lives there while I was in Lesotho, but they are moving out of Little Rock.
4th stop - Manhattan, KS: Rachel, we are dear friends, we met in Cheyenne. I love that Rachel and I are willing to go to bed when we're tired and have no shame if it's before 10pm. I love Rachel's honesty.
Friends I do love visiting you!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment