Sunday, March 22, 2009

behind the name

I've never been into wrestling and can't imagine I ever really will be. But this morning in church the pastor was talking about Ciaphas "the oppressor" and how he had a cell in his basement, and a torture chamber... not a good guy. I really was paying attention to the sermon, but in hearing about how this man got his nickname I was thinking about the "buses/vans" - the public transportation in Lesotho, that had wrestling names. The van would be decorated with neon colors with names like "sexy eyes", "terminatator", "intimidator" etc. it was sort of humorous to see the names chosen by the owner for their van. I didn't even realize they were wrestling names because like I said I'm not into wrestling, but a peacecorp volunteer pointed it out to us one weekend. She has had her fair share of rides in them and would sometimes get the inside scoop behind the names...

No comments: