Saturday, March 14, 2009

shamrocks

I went to the St. Patty's Day parade this morning with a couple of friends. It was fun to see the Irish dancers with their curls, "Queen Colleen" over all the years, bag pipes and drums, the streets scattered with green, cute fire fighters, kids excited about being at a parade and getting candy... I don't remember going to other St. Patty's Day parades but I was glad we went this year. And it was such a beautiful day. I would have taken a couple pictures for you, but I seemed to have misplaced my camera, I know it didn't go far...

If Claire was there we would have played the game of how many people we would see that we know: well Claire I just saw one, Casey.

Extra treat: we went out to lunch and the drums and bagpipes came into Rock Bottom! and played marching around the restaurant, it was cool and really loud. Once again a picture or video would have been cool.

Miss GPS wasn't working today. Most of you know I have a pretty good sense of direction, well I had a trouble finding my car on the way back from Rock Bottom. I stopped and asked a girl, she didn't know. I always knew where I was, I just couldn't rememebr which street I wanted... so I got some good walking in, called my friend to find out which street and there it was "Lawerence"! Well this was now 3 hours into the parade and it was still going, so then I did some weaving though because the direct route was into the parade but Miss GPS had no problem there. 5 Points living came back clear as a bell :)

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I think Ethan was there.

Lisel said...

300 points for you Jenn! You're in Singapore and know who is at the parade! :)